What is CSD Canteen?
CSD (Canteen Stores Department) is one of the departments under the Ministry of Defence serving essential and daily usage products at a cheaper price to Armed forces personnel, Ex-Servicemen, and their families throughout the country.
Can Defence Civilians buy from CSD canteen?
Yes, the Ordnance Factory officers and employees working under the Board of Ordnance Factory are eligible to purchase from CSD Canteen.
Who can supply to CSD canteen?
Any established manufacturers can apply to supply to CSD canteen. The product should be familiar and available in the open market with high sales potential.
What are all categories of items available in CSD canteen?
Major categories of merchandise purchased by CSD fall in any one of the following:-
- Toilet Requisites
- Cookers and Accessories
- Insulated ware
- Crockery, Cutlery, Utensils, Glassware and Plasticware
- Electrical, electronic appliances
- Time devices and watches
- Sewing Machines and Accessories
- Cycles, Motor Cycles, Scooters, Mopeds, Cars
- Luggage items
- Hosiery items
- Sports goods
- Matured Rum, IMFL, Beer, Wine & Champagne
- Beverages, Patent Food, Medicinal (orally consumed) items
- Edible Hydrogenated Oils
- Stationery items
- White Goods- Refrigerators, TVs, AC, Washing Machine, Micro
Ovens & Music System etc.
- Furniture and mattress
- Miscellaneous household requisites