CSD Guidelines for Purchase of Car, Bike, and Scooter through CSD AFD Online Portal
- CSD Car Purchase Procedure and Eligibility with Documentation 2022 – PDF Download
- CSD Eligibility for Purchase of Car, Bike, Scooter, and Other AFD Items
Guidelines and Procedure for Purchasing of Car, Bike, Scooter through CSD Canteen
Canteen Stores Department (CSD) is providing extensive service to all serving personnel and ex-servicemen at the lowest price of household goods and expensive items. CSD has changed the guidelines and procedures from time to time. Recently CSD has announced the new payment system for purchasing AFD Items from CSD Depots.
No Need to take Demand Draft. Pay the amount through NIFT.
GUIDELINES FOR PURCHASE OF FOUR/TWO WHEELERS & OTHER AFD I ITEMS (As per the orders published on June 2015 by www.csdinida.gov.in)
Other documents required at the depot for verification:
- Copy of PAN card/ Form 16.
- Copy of driving license.
- Car sanction letter from QMG Branch.
- Certified copy of paybook bearing entry with regard to purchasing of car (applicable only for PBORs).
- Certificate from the CO/OC of Unit confirming that the financial position of the applicant allows purchasing a car (applicable only for PBORs).
- PPO/Discharge book/Release Order.
Procedure for purchase of two-wheelers & other AFD I items:
Entitled customers can purchase the items from CSD depots on submission of prescribed application form duly filled in along with payment either by DD or RTGS/NEFT. No prior sanction is required for two-wheelers and other AFD I items from QMG’s Branch.
DD to be drawn in favor of “Canteen Stores Department, Public Fund Account (Main) from any nationalized bank payable at the station of CSD depot. Prior to making the bank draft latest rates should be confirmed from the concerned depot/ dealer as these are subject to change. For approximate rates please go to product search on the Home Page of this website.
On submission of application and payment, the concerned depot will release documents such as OR, Sale letter, Supply Order, Authority letter, etc.
These documents have to be submitted to the concerned dealer for effecting the delivery of the item.
Payment for registration and insurance will be made to the dealer and not to CSD depot.
For additional accessories, the customer has to bear the expenses.
In case a vehicle has a waiting list in the civil market, the same should be booked with a dealer who is affiliated with CSD, with a minimum booking amount as decided by the manufacturer. Full payment can be made with CSD depot once the vehicle is available and the dealer issues an availability certificate. Advance booking of the vehicle with the civil dealer will be governed by the rules as promulgated by the manufacturer/dealer. This will save unnecessary blockage of funds.
No payment is to be made on account of CSD handling charges/ logistic charges etc. to the dealer.
The price will be charged as applicable at the time of delivery of the item.
No interest will be paid by CSD or by the dealer for the late delivery of the vehicle.
Business hours of CSD depots vary so please contact CSD depot concerned to ascertain transaction timings.
No transactions are entertained on Sundays and Holidays.
CSD Availability Certificate Format
All CSD Customers should obtain the availability certificate from your dealer’s letterhead as shown below in the format…
The CSD Area Manager,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Subject: Availability Certificate
This is to certify that the Maruti Alto car is available for delivery. This car is allocated to Mr. ……………………..
The VIN Numbers is ……………………..
Engine Number is ……………………..
(With company seal)
More from this topic:
- Eligibility for purchase of Car or Bike through CSD
- Car or Bike Procedure to buy in CSD Canteen
- Purchase Eligibility in CSD Canteen
- CSD Car buying rule changes from June 2019
- How to transfer fund to CSD account through NEFT or RTGS?
- Mode of Payment Through NEFT or RTGS for Purchasing CSD AFD Items