Purchase Eligibility in CSD Military Canteen for Car, Bike, Scooter, and AFD Items
Who are all eligible for purchasing through CSD?
Generally says that the three Armed Forces Personnel are allowed to purchase in CSD. In-depth of the subject, there are a lot of rules and restrictions to buy a product through CSD. Who are all eligible to purchase a product from the URC canteen? Who are all entitled to buy a Car, Bike or any AFD Item through CSD?
Serving, Retired, Widows of Service Personnel
a) All serving personnel of Armed Forces i.e. Army, Navy and Air Force and their families.
b) All Ex-servicemen pensioners paid from Defence Services Estimates.
c) All Ex-service personnel who have been released from service honourably after five years of coloured service but before completion of qualifying personable service and, therefore, are not in receipt of a pension from the Defence Services Estimates.
d) All Ex-service personnel released from Service on compassionate grounds at their own request having put in minimum five years of service.
e) All Ex-service personnel released from service honourably after completion of a minimum of five years of service as a result of a reduction in establishment/completion of a specific period of engagement.
f) All Ex-servicemen released on medical grounds attributable to military service without any stipulation of service rendered.
g) Widows of Service officers including Honorary Commissioned / EC / SSC whether the officer expired while in service or after retirement.
h) Widows of Service personnel other than officers who are in receipt of a pension from Defence Services Estimates (whether the PBOR expired in service or after retirement)
i) Widows of Service officers including Honorary / SSC / EC who get remarried and continue to draw a pension from Defence Services Estimates.
j) Widows of Service personnel other than officers who get remarried and continue to draw a pension from Defence Services Estimates.
k) Dependent parents of serving / retired Service personnel.
Car through CSD Canteen for Ex-Servicemen
All Ex-servicemen personnel and pensioners are eligible for buying car from CSD Canteen.
- a) Serving SSC officers
- b) ECO / SSC officers who have put in five years of reckonable service before release.
Personnel of Territorial Army (TA)
- a) TA personnel during embodiment (while physically serving in unit).
- b) TA personnel in receipt of a pension (after completion of 15 years of embodied service or disability attributable to Military service)
- c) TA personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards
- d) All departmental and non-departmental personnel of TA when they remain on the strength of the TA unit are authorised CSD facilities excluding AFD items.
Personnel of Coast Guard
- a) All serving personnel of Coast Guard
- b) All retired personnel of Coast Guard drawing pension from Defence Service Estimate are authorised CSD facilities
National Cadet Corps (NCC) Personnel
- a) Whole-time NCC officers
- b) Part-time NCC Officers
- c) Under Officers / Sgt Major Instructors employed on whole time or part-time basis. CSD facilities
- d) NCC Cadets during the period of training excluding either in annual camps and to regular Army Units. AFD Items
- e) Students, teachers and staff of Rashtriya Indian Military College, Military School and Sainik School.
Personnel of General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF)
a) All serving personnel of GREF.
b) All retired GREF personnel who are in receipt of pension from Defence Service Estimate and those who have left after completing a minimum five years of service.
c) Widows of GREF personnel (all ranks) who are in receipt of family pension from GREF.
Personnel of Defence Security Corps (DSC)
a) All serving DSC personnel.
b) Ex-DSC personnel who are on receipt of a pension from Defence Service Estimates.
Personnel of Army Postal Service (APS)
- a) All serving personnel of APS.
- b) All APS personnel who have served for a minimum of five years in APS.
Defence Civilians: Following categories of civilian employees paid from Defence Services Estimates and also those employed in the undermentioned Ministries Departments are permitted to make a purchase from Service Canteens
a) Ministry of Defence including those working in their respective attached offices and those working in lower military formations.
b) Defence Audit Department.
c) Executive Officer Cantonment Board
d) Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. while working at Air Force Station, Hyderabad, Jorhat, Air Force Academy. Donegal (Hyderabad) and Air Force Station Yelahanka (Bangalore)
e) Indian Defence Accounts Services who are serving on deputation to posts other than those in the Ministry of Defence (Fin).
f) “Secretariat Border Roads Development Board and HQ Director General Border Roads.
g) Civilian employees of Unit Formation run Canteens.
h) Serving and retired employees of Canteen Stores Department, who are getting a pension from CSD Funds.
Personnel of Para Military Forces
- a) All serving personnel of Assam Rifles during services period.
- b) All Para Military Forces (BSF, CRPF, ITBP, SSB etc) officers and personnel as long as they remain under the operational administrative control of the Armed Forces.
Ex-Gentlemen Cadets and Ex-Recruits
Those who are in receipt of disability pension are entitled to CSD facilities as per authorisation.
Ex-personnel of Burma Army
Those who joined the Burma Army prior to 1939 and are in
receipt of a pension from the Government of India are entitled to CSD facilities.
Foreign Military Personnel Attending Courses in India
Foreign Military personnel attending courses of instructions in our training establishments are entitled to CSD facilities.
Canteen Facilities to Separated Families
a) Separated families of Service personnel are entitled to purchase canteen stores from Service canteen.
b) A “Separated Family‟ for purposes of Canteen facilities is defined as a family the head of which is:
i) A prisoner of war.
ii) Separated from his family for a short duration on account of his being away on temporary duty, courses of instruction, any other exigencies of service or the family visiting another station.
iii) Posted to a station to which he is not precluded by order from taking his
family but where married accommodation is not available.
iv) Posted to a station to which he is not precluded by order from taking his
c) In the case where the wives of officers, JCOs and OR cannot purchase Canteen Stores themselves for any of the following reasons :
i) The wife being a purdah lady.
ii) The wife is unable to proceed regularly to obtain canteen stores due to her
village being distant from the nearest Service Canteen. A representative may be nominated to purchase canteen stores on behalf of the separated family.
In such cases, the nominated representative will draw the canteen stores on
the production of Smart Card authority letter issued from Station HQ / Secretary, Zila Sainik Board / Deputy Director, Zila Sainik Board Secretary of District Sailors / Soldiers and Airmen‟s Boards.
d) For the purpose of this concession, the family of an individual will comprise his wife and dependent children only.
|Item Name||Limit Period|
|Mixi and Grinder||2 years|
|Mattress Bed||4 years|
|Laptop bag||4 years|
|Wrist Watch||3 years|
|Gas Stove||2 years|
|Microwave Oven||1 year|
|Sewing Machines||1 year|
|Electric Iron Box||2 years|
Check other updates on this topic:
- Eligibility for purchase of Car or Bike through CSD
- Car or Bike Procedure to buy in CSD Canteen
- Purchase Eligibility in CSD Canteen
- CSD Car buying rule changes from June 2019
- CSD Military Canteen Products List with e catalogue
- How to transfer fund to CSD account through NEFT or RTGS?
- Mode of Payment Through NEFT or RTGS for Purchasing CSD AFD Items
- CSD Purchase Rules for Car, Bike, Scooter and Air Conditioner, Washing Machine, TV
- CSD Eligibility for Purchase of Car, Bike, Scooter and Other AFD Items
- CSD Canteen Procedure and Purchase Form for Two Wheeler
What are the car purchase eligibility rules in online CSD?
As per the CSD notification dated 29 October 2020, the revised car purchasing policy rules amended as per the Pay Matrix Level and Cost of the vehicle. Click to view the notification.