CSD Canteen Smart Card Renewal Online
Discontinuation of Annual Renewal of CSD Smart Cards
The discontinuation of the policy of ‘Annual Renewal of Canteen Smart Cards’ has been deemed necessary due to the significant inconvenience it causes to our veterans, Veer Naris, and Civil Defense personnel. The process of renewing these cards on a yearly basis can be a cumbersome task and can cause undue stress to those who rely on them. As such, it has been decided that this policy will be discontinued to provide more ease and convenience for those who have served our nation.
How to Get a New CSD Smart Card
The discontinuation of the annual renewal of Canteen Smart Cards has been decided in light of the inconvenience it has caused to our veterans, Veer Naris, and Civil Defence Employees, both serving and retired. This policy will be discontinued effective from January 1st, 2023, to alleviate the inconvenience caused to beneficiaries. A mechanism will be established to deactivate the cards of deceased ESM/beneficiaries in coordination with PCDS and Sparsh. However, Unit Run Canteens will ensure that only valid CSD Smart Card holders are allowed entry to purchase CSD items. The management of URC will implement necessary measures at the formation and unit levels.
The following procedure will be implemented by CSD Unit Run Canteens: Upon receiving information about the demise of an ESM or beneficiary, the widow or NoK will be advised to apply for a Widow/NoK of ESM CSD Smart Card. The URC will prioritize the preparation of the card and assist in its creation. The Widow/NoK can continue to avail CSD facilities with the card of the deceased husband/beneficiary until they receive the new card. Once the new cards are received and activated, the old cards of the deceased husband/beneficiary will automatically be deactivated.
Smart Card Renewal Online
CSD Canteen Smart Card Renewal Online: How to Apply for a New Card or Renew Your Existing One
If you’re looking to renew your CSD canteen smart card online, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps. First, refer to CS Dte Letter No 95350/Q/DDGCS/Policy dated 17 September 2018 for information on how to process your application. Keep in mind that due to the outbreak of COVID-19, M/s SCPL’s operations have been severely impacted. As a result, processing of new or renewal applications for canteen smart cards has been adversely affected.
To ensure that beneficiaries are not denied stores, the following measures have been put in place:
– Expired/Expiring Cards: If your canteen smart card has expired or is set to expire soon, M/s SCPL will extend its validity through patch updates. The validity of your card will be extended until June 30, 2020, or until a new card is issued, whichever comes first.
– Retiring Personnel Cards: If you’re retiring or have retired and your ESM card has not been processed, you can still use bronze cards held with respective URCs to purchase stores until your new card is issued. You’ll need to provide valid documents showing your date of retirement.
– Damaged Cards: If your card is physically or technically damaged, you can still use bronze cards held with respective URCs until a new card is issued. Your application will be processed by URCs when M/s SCPL’s services resume.
– First Time Applicants: If you’ve been recently commissioned or attested, you can use bronze cards held with respective URCs until your new card is issued. Your application will be processed by URCs when M/s SCPL’s services resume.
– Annual Validation: If you already have a canteen card, you can complete the annual validation process (ESM & Def Civilian) at any functional URC.
CSD Smart Card Renewal Order
CANTEEN SMART CARD RENEWAL/NEW APPLICATION
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
Quartermaster General’s Branch
Dy Dte Gen Canteen Services
West Block-III, Wing-III,
RK Puram, New Delhi – 110066
HQ Northern Command (OL) HQ Southern Command (OL)\
HQ Western Command (OL) HQ Eastern Command (OL)
HQ Central Command (OL) HQ South Western Command (OL)
HQ ARTRAC (Q) Naval HQ (PDPS)
Air HQ (Accts) HQ IDS
HQ SFC HQ ANC
HQ Coast Guard (AD) HQ DG Assam Rifles
HQ DGNCC (Lgs) DRDO (DMS)
OFB E-in-C Branch
DAD HQ DGBR (Q)
HQ DGQA HQ DG NSG
CANTEEN SMART CARD: RENEWAL/ NEW APPLICATION
1. Refer CS Dte Letter No 95350/Q/DDGCS/Policy dated 17 September 2018 wrt processing of Canteen Smart Cards.
2. Outbreak of COVID-19 has severely impacted operations of M/s SCPL. As a result the processing of new / renewal of canteen smart cards have been adversely affected. In order to ensure beneficiaries are not denied stores, the following will be ensured.
- (a) Expired/Expiring Cards. The validity of canteen smart which have been expired, or will expire, will be extended by M/s SCPL through patch updates. The validity of cards will be extended till 30 Jun 2020 or till new cards are issued to the individual, whichever is earlier.
- (b) Retiring Personnel Cards. Individuals who will be retiring or those who have retired and whose ESM cards have not been processed will be issued stores through bronze cards held with respective URCs till new cards are issued to the individual. Individuals will have to produce valid documents showing their date of retirement.
- (c) Damaged Cards. Individuals whose cards are physically / technically damaged will be issued stores through bronze cards held with respective URCs till new cards are issued to the individual. URCs will process application of these individuals on resumption of services by M/s SCPL at the earliest.
- (d) First Time Applicants Personnel who have been recently commissioned/attested will be issued stores through bronze cards held with respective URCs till new cards are issued to the individual. URCs will process applications of these individuals on the resumption of services by M/s SCPL at the earliest.
- (e) Annual Validation Annual validation (ESM & Def Civilian) process of canteen cards can be done at any functional URC.
For information & necessary action, please.
(Rohit M Nair)
for Brig CS
Q1(E)/QMG Br – For info, please
M/s SCPL – You are requested to develop patch updates and send to each URC online for updating their CIMS Plus.
CSD Canteen Smart Card Helpline Number
|Canteen Smart Card Customer Care Number||2203 – 7120|
|Canteen Smart Card Customer Care Number||2203 – 7140|
|Canteen Smart Card Customer Care Number||2203 – 7142|
How to Get Army Canteen Card Ex-Serviceman
Do I have to pay any penalty for making a new Smart Card after I have lost the old Card?
- (a) Penalties on Loss of Smart Cards Yes, In case of loss of Canteen Smart Card
- (Grocery or Liquor) by an individual following penalties will be levied in addition to the costs of Smart Card and the penalty amount will be merged with the URC profit.
|Loss Smart Card||Liquor||Grocery|
|First Time||Rs. 500||Rs. 500|
|Second & Subsequent Time||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000|
Note. The Chairman of the URC may wave off the Penalty depending upon the genuineness of the loss, in exceptional cases.
CSD Card Renewal Eligibility Conditions
On 4th May 2023, the Integrated Headquarter of Ministry of Defence (Army) issued an important circular regarding the beta testing of CSD Smart Cards. A new Online Portal has been developed for CSD Smart Cards and will be launched soon, providing a convenient platform for applying for new cards. The direct link to access the CSD Smart Card web portal is https://csdsmartcard.co.in/
In order to be eligible for CSD Smart Card renewal, the following conditions must be met:
1. The Online Portal is specifically designed for existing Canteen Smart Card holders who wish to apply for the replacement of Grocery, Liquor, and Dependent canteen smart cards.
2. Certain categories of CSD beneficiaries are required to apply through physical canteen smart card application forms at the Canteen. These include:
– First-time applicants or new applicants.
– Beneficiaries who do not possess a PAN Card.
– Cases involving marital discord.
CSD Card Renewal Online Process
When renewing CSD Smart Cards online, it is important to follow these instructions:
– Provide the PAN Card Number, Functional Mobile Number & Email ID, Card ID & Serial Number of the Grocery/Liquor card.
– Include pay levels based on the current pay slip/PPO.
– Upload the required documents, such as photographs (single, joint photo with spouse, and dependent photograph), each not exceeding 150 kb in size.
– Upload images of signatures of self and dependents (if applicable), with each image not exceeding 20 kb in size.
– For serving defence civilians, provide the current pay slip indicating payment from Defence estimates.
– Include any other applicable documents in PDF format (duly filled) as per the specified appendices, with each document not exceeding 200 kb in size.
– Appendix “A” is for promoted cases of serving and serving to retired armed forces.
– Appendix “B” is for ex-servicemen without pension.
– Appendix “C” is for serving defence civilians on deputation.
– Appendix “D” or an authorized document (single page/card) is required for exempted payment of Canteen Smart Card categories, such as Battle Casualty – Fatal/Chakra Awardee.