FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about CSD Canteen
How many URC Canteens in India?
There are 3809 Unit Run Canteens (URCs), all over the country.
How many companies supplying goods to CSD?
- As per the recent data, 436 companies are supplying goods against order placed by CSD Head Office based on the consumption pattern of URCs (Unit Run Canteens).
How many employees working in CSD?
- As per the recent data available in 2020, there are 2141 permanent employees are working in CSD Canteen. The employees are eligible to purchase goods from CSD Canteen.
What are the criteria for opening of URC canteen?
On the request of Ex-servicemen (ESM), Unit Run Canteens have been opened up where the strength of ESM is more than 5000.
What are the criteria for availing CSD canteen facilities?
- Armed Forces personnel (including Coast Guard) with a minimum of 5 years of physical service.
- All ranks of Assam Rifles and SFF, at par with Armed Forces personnel.
- All serving personnel of APS with a minimum of 5 years of service.
- All serving DSC personnel, including Ex-DSC personnel who are in receipt of a pension from defence services estimates.
- Territorial Army personnel with a minimum of 5 years of physical service.
- Ex-Gentleman Cadets/Ex Recruits who are in receipt of disability pension, through defence services estimates, irrespective of the length of service.
- Serving defence civilians in receipt of pay through defence service estimates.
- Retired defence civilians and their family pensioners, in receipt of a pension from defence services estimates (Grocery only).
- Judges and Staff of AFT (Grocery only)
- NCC personnel.
- Civil GT drivers being paid through defence services estimates (Grocery only).
- Veernaris/Widows/NoK of Armed forces personnel (including Coast Guard and DGBR) who are in receipt of pension through defence services estimates.
- Widows of Short Service Officers (only those who have completed their terms of engagement)
In addition to this, the following category of individuals are also authorized for canteen facility:-
- EC Officers/Widows of EC Officers.
- Widows of WW-I & WW-II
- Civilian staff on deputation with MoD
- Marital discord cases.