GUIDELINES FOR PURCHASE OF FOUR/TWO WHEELERS & OTHER AFD I ITEMS
ENTITLEMENT FOR FOUR WHEELERS:
- Officers(including retired): 4 years and upto 2500 cc capacity.
- Hony commissioned JCOs/: 7 years and upto 1500 cc Equiv. (including retired) capacity.
- JCOs/OR and : Once while in service and Equiv. (including retired once after retirement upto 1400cc capacity.
Entitlement for AFD-I items other than car (refrig, tv, w/machine, two wheelers etc.)
For all categories after every three years.
Procedure for purchase of four wheelers:
- Customer who wishes to purchase four wheelers through CSD must obtain sanction from the office of Deputy Director General Canteen Services (DDGCS), QMG Branch, New Delhi in the prescribed application form.
- Obtain availability certificate from the dealer.
- On receipt of approval letter from DDGCS, QMG Branch New Delhi submit application at the concerned depot alongwith availability certificate and payment in the form of DD or RTGS/NEFT.
Other documents required at the depot for verification:
- Copy of PAN card/ Form 16.
- Copy of driving license.
- Car sanction letter from QMG Branch.
- Certified copy of paybook bearing entry with regard to purchase of car (applicable only for PBORs).
- Certificate from the CO/OC of Unit confirming that financial position of the applicant allows to purchase a car (applicable only for PBORs).
- PPO/Discharge book/Release Order.
Procedure for purchase of two wheelers & other AFD I items: Entitled customer can purchase the items from CSD depots on submission of prescribed application form duly filled in alongwith payment either by DD or RTGS/NEFT. No prior sanction is required for two wheelers and other AFD I items from QMG’s Branch.
- DD to be drawn in favour of “Canteen Stores Department, Public Fund Account (Main) from any nationalized bank payable at the station of CSD depot. Prior to making the bank draft latest rates should be confirmed from the concerned depot/ dealer as these are subject to change. For approximate rates please go to product search on the Home Page of this website.
- On submission of application and payment, concerned depot will release documents such as OR, Sale letter, Supply Order, Authority letter etc.
- These documents have to be submitted to the concerned dealer for effecting delivery of the item.
- Payment for registration and insurance will be made to the dealer and not to CSD depot.
- For additional accessories, customer has to bear the expenses.
- In case a vehicle has a waiting list in the civil market, the same should be booked with a dealer who is affiliated with CSD, with minimum booking amount as decided by the manufacturer. Full payment can be made with CSD depot once the vehicle is available and the dealer issues an availability certificate. Advance booking of the vehicle with the civil dealer will be governed by the rules as promulgated by the manufacturer/dealer. This will save unnecessary blockage of funds.
- No payment is to be made on account of CSD handling charges/ logistic charges etc. to the dealer.
- Price will be charged as applicable at the time of delivery of item.
- No interest will be paid by CSD or by the dealer for late delivery of the vehicle.
- Business hours of CSD depots vary so please contact CSD depot concerned to ascertain transaction timings.
- No transactions are entertained on Sundays and Holidays.
Is driving license is compulsory for an army personnel widow. She is 50years old and illiterate. Her husband was retired as JCO and passed away in 2016.