Procedure for AFD 1 Items other than Four Wheelers from CSD
“A guide to acquiring non-four wheeler AFD 1 items from the CSD, excluding cars, in Bangalore’s esteemed Golden Palm CSD Canteen, has been provided for the convenience of all patrons.
For detailed instructions on purchasing cars and bikes through the CSD AFD online website, kindly refer to this link. Also, explore the updated list of eligible four-wheelers for purchase under AFD in India.”
a) Pay Level 3A – Pay Level 6
Pay levels ranging from 3A to 6 are applicable to armed forces personnel, both current and retired, as well as widows, if applicable. The cost of purchasing a car under this scheme is Rs. 6 Lakhs, excluding taxes. The periodicity for car purchases differs based on the individual’s service status. While serving, individuals are eligible to purchase their first car, whereas retired individuals can purchase their second car. However, there is a minimum requirement of five years of service before purchasing the first car. Additionally, there must be an eight-year gap between the purchase of the two cars. For widows, eligibility depends on whether the late husband had purchased a car during his service and retirement. If the late husband had purchased both cars, the widow is not eligible to buy a car. However, if the late husband had only purchased one car during his service, the widow can purchase one car through CSD after a gap of eight years from the date of the last purchase.
b) Pay Level 7 – Pay Level 9i. Pay Category: Armed Forces Personnel (Serving and Retired) and Widows, as applicable, fall under Pay Level 7 to 9.
ii. Price: The cost is Rs. 7 Lakhs, excluding taxes.
iii. Frequency: The first car can be purchased as an OR, the second car upon promotion as JCO, and the third car after retirement. The first car can be purchased after a minimum of five years of service. There should be a gap of eight years between the purchase of two cars. For Widows, if the late husband had purchased a car both during service and after retirement, the widow is not eligible to buy a car. However, if the late husband had only purchased a car during service, the widow can buy one car through CSD after a gap of eight years from the date of the last purchase.
C) Pay Level 10 – Pay Level 18
“Compensation Tier 10 – Compensation Tier 18
i. Compensation Category: Dedicated Servicemen and Women (Active Duty and Former) and Bereaved Spouses (where applicable) Compensation Tier 10-18
ii. Price: Rs.15 Lakhs, not including any applicable taxes
iii. Frequency: Provided once every 8 years”
C) Pay Level 11 – Pay Level 18Pay Levels 11 to 18 – Generously Compensated Civilian Officers (Funded from Defence Estimates)
i. Compensation Range: Individuals in Pay Levels 11 to 18, who faithfully serve as civilian officers, are entitled to competitive pay.
ii. Investment: A substantial amount of Rs.15 Lakhs, excluding applicable taxes, is allocated for this purpose.
iii. Frequency: This compensation is granted once every 8 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Additional AFD-I Items (Namely) Motorcycles, Air Conditioning Units, Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Mobile Phones, Laptops, Desktop Computers, etc.
The Following Category of Canteen Smartcard Holders are Authorized For other AFD-I items:-
Individuals who possess a Canteen Smartcard falling into the subsequent groupings are granted approval to acquire additional AFD-I products:
1. Active and retired Armed Forces personnel.
2. Currently serving Civil Defence Employees.
When it comes to purchasing the same item, such as a Two Wheeler, a minimum duration of four years must transpire from the date of the previous purchase.
Purchase of Two-Wheelers and other AFD I items
Indent Form for AFD 1 Items
- Entitlement for AFD-I items other than car (refrigerator, Television, washing machine, two-wheelers, etc)
- For all categories of Entitled Customers after every three years.
Procedure for purchase of two-wheelers & other AFD I items
- Obtain an availability certificate from the dealer
- Entitled customers can purchase the items from CSD depots on submission of the prescribed application form duly filled in along with payment RTGS/NEFT. No prior sanction is required for two-wheelers and other AFD I items from QMG’s Branch
- ECS/RTGS/NEFT to be done in favor of “Canteen Stores Department, Public Fund Account (Main)” payable at the station of CSD depot. Prior to making the bank payment through ECS/RTGS/NEFT latest rates should be confirmed by the concerned depot/dealer as these are subject to change. For approximate rates please go to product search on the Home page of the CSD India website.
- Submission of application and payment, the concerned depot will release documents such as OR, Sale letter, Supply Order, Authority letter, etc.
- These documents have to be submitted to the concerned dealer for effecting delivery of the item.
- Payment for registration and insurance will be made to the dealer and not to the CSD depot.
- For additional accessories, the customer has to bear the expenses.
- In case a vehicle has a waiting list in the civil market, the same should be booked with a dealer who is affiliated with CSD, with a minimum booking amount as decided by the manufacturer. Full payment can be made with CSD depot once the vehicle is available and the dealer issues an availability certificate. Advance booking of the vehicle with the civil dealer will be governed by the rules as promulgated by the manufacturer/dealer. This will save unnecessary blockage of funds.
- No payment is to be made on account of CSD handling charges/ logistic charges etc. to the dealer.
- The price will be charged as applicable at the time of delivery of the item.
- No interest will be paid by CSD or by the dealer for the late delivery of the vehicle.
- Business hours of CSD depots vary so please contact the CSD depot concerned to ascertain transaction timings
- No transactions are entertained on Sundays and Holidays
(Refer to para 1 of DDGCS letter No. 96410/Q/DDGCS dated 12 Jan 2016)
(Disclaimer: These are only guidelines, the indentor needs to verify the latest procedure from CSD Area Depot, Bangalore)
What are Against Firm Demand (AFD) I and II Items?
The indenter cannot cancel a demand for an AFD item once placed. These items are not stocked in Canteen Stores Depot but are specifically procured against firm demand received from the indenter. There are two categories of AFD items:-
AFD-I: 4-wheelers, 2-wheelers, white goods viz. TV, Refrigerator, Washing machine, Microwave oven, etc. The customer submits his/ her demand for AFD-I items, along with payment, to the Canteen Stores Depot and takes delivery from the authorized dealer after completing the necessary documentation.
AFD-II: These include costly items like mattresses, sunglasses, vacuum cleaners, etc. for which the URC places firm demand on dependent CSD Depot. After getting such firm demands, the Depot places the order with the concerned manufacturer and issues them on receipt.
Officers (both serving and retired) can purchase a 4-wheeler once in four years as per current policy. They can purchase 2-wheelers and AFD-1 items such as TV, fridge, and AC every three years. Click here for the procedure and indent format.
How to Purchase of Car, Bike, or a Scooter through CSD AFD Online Website?
CSD has recently hosted a new online web portal for purchasing AFD items to Armed Forces Personnel and Ex-Servicemen. The online website address is https://afd.csdindia.gov.in/
How to Regiter in CSD AFD Website?
Users are advised to register on the website (https://afd.csdindia.gov.in) first to buy products from AFD-CSD. It is a mandatory procedure. You may follow the registration manual for step by step pictorial guide on “new user registration”.
This guide is to help users in placing demands. Here is a detailed ⇒step by step pictorial guide⇐